How Pricing and Customs Work When Moving Your Freight
There are various costs associated with moving freight and cargo cross-border. Here are some things you need to consider and prepare for:
1. Customs Papers - what your product is, there are different papers for different product. Example: FDA papers required for anything that is made for human consumption.
2. Returning damaged goods - Products sent for repair and being shipped back to the country of origin. Usually the cost through customs for something like this is less than shipping new product cross-border.
3. Tolls - Some states have toll highway that cost more. Certain carriers will avoid certain places because of tolls.
4. Weight restrictions - Maximum weight restrictions exist depending the state laws.
5. Dimensional restrictions - Consider things such as height and width as well as length when moving cargo. If over requirements, you need to do a route survey.